eXray Workflow Designer is a configuration tool that enables the code-free visual definition and management of user workflow diagrams, defined by rules containing logical conditions, regardless of their complexity.
Integrated with the eXray Configurator, the tool is provided free of any additional licenses and offers a flexible solution that allows business users to easily model, validate, deploy and immediately use new business processes.
The tool is the outcome of many years of EXIS' active engagement in the services provision industry. EXIS has identified the needs of modern enterprises and organizations of and has focused on developing a complete workflow management system capable to handle large number of users and high volume transactions. The engine seamlessly automates, manages and optimizes end-to-end, high volume business processes across any enterprise.
An example of the visual way that processes are modeled via the Workflow Designer is depicted in the following image:
The key innovative points
- The service oriented architecture (SOA) of the workflow environment, allowing to add new functionality in a seamless manner.
- Advanced, simplified and user friendly workflow design tool
- Drag'n'Drop functionalities for implementing complex workflow diagrams in a visual way without any scripting / coding
- Sophisticated design support for analyzing workflow mistakes
- Powerful exception handling support for handling both expected and unexpected exceptions
- Jobs execution management (scheduler) integrated with eXray's Customer Segmentation functionality
- Workflow diagrams versioning
The Workflow Designer, in order to provide a common framework for the documentation and processing of business and operational processes, introduces a fundamental concept to the system: the case / event model:
A Case defines a group of related customer interactions with the service provider and always refers to only one partner. It can be used to model issues that need to be handled (inbound / outbound), communications that need to be documented (i.e. Q&As, evaluations) and internal processing that needs to be archived (i.e. an offer). In that sense some examples of Case Types could be:
- Collection (or Debt) Management: A customer has aged debts
- Trouble Ticketing: A customer has requested technical support because his line is down.
- Order Management: A service / service identifier must be activated
In order to handle / resolve an issue, a series of tasks have to be performed. Some of these tasks contain direct or indirect interaction with the customer / supplier. Each task that has to be performed is an Event. In this way the Case is the "container" for one or more related tasks, i.e. Events.
The Event is therefore the task that needs to be processed. Examples of events are:
- Collection Management: Call the customer in order to ask him to pay or discuss a possible settlement.
- Trouble Ticketing: Perform a customer retention action
- Order Management: Check availability on a Warehouse Management System or an ERP for a particular product.
The module embodies a visual configuration tool that enables the definition and management of user workflow diagrams, defined by rules containing logical conditions, regardless of their complexity, and are related to the opening / closing of certain "events" within the frame of a "case".
The software's architecture enables customization and flexibility aspects at the top level and builds the structure on SOA based architecture.
The Workflow Designer has been implemented and integrated with eXray CRM in the framework of the EUROSTARS project "WORKFLOW FOR SERVICE", ref. code "E!5270".