EC-GIN (Europe-China Grid InterNetworking)
EXIS participated into EC-GIN project as the Work-Package leader for Dissemination, Exploitation and Standardization activities and partner in several other WPs.
EC-GIN is one of the very first STREP research projects co-founded by the E.U. under the Framework Programme 6 (FP6) which challenges Europe and China to work together on improving the network for better support of Grid applications and services.
Other participants were:
- Innsbruck, UIBK, Austria
- University of Zürich, UniZH, Switzerland
- Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et Automatique, INRIA, France
- Lancaster University, ULANC, UK
- Justinmind, JIM, Spain
- University of Surrey, UniS, UK
- Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, BUPT, China
- Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, ISCAS, China
- China Telecommunication Technology Labs, CTTL, China
- China Mobile Group Design Institute Co., Ltd, CMDI, China
Project kicked-off on November 2006 and has been completed on January 2010.
EXIS has embodied Grid technology in its fleXprint software package. The Grid enabled version has already been installed in a major Telecommunications Service Provider of the Greek market.